Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lampshade Redo

I picked up a great mid-century style lamp from Hotel Liquidators for my husband's office, but the shade was crushed and needed to be replaced. Here is how I did it!

Sorry I only have phone pics...as usual I can't find my camera


I love the shape of the fixture and the scale is big enough not to get lost on the desk.  And - bonus! - since it is from a hotel there is a plug on the base so you can charge your phone.  :-)



I used a grass cloth to remake the shade. The paper is stiff so it works really well for this application. I used the existing shade as a pattern and traced the outline by rolling the existing shade along the grass cloth.


Then I cut the metal forms off the old shade.



Using Fabri-Tac I glued the new shade together.






I think it turned out pretty well!

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment