Friday, August 19, 2011

Broyhill Brasilia!

I've been searching for a new tv cabinet FOREVER.  The tv was one of the first things we bought when we moved into our place and it has been rather sad and messy looking ever since. The biggest problem is the space where the tv has to go. There is an inset next to the fireplace which is unfortunately the only option in the room to put the tv. I originally got this tv stand from IKEA...

Unfortunately it didn't work out. I made the very silly mistake of measuring the distance of the inset from wall to wall...not trim to trim.  The piece was too big by about two inches. Grrr. That's one mistake I won't make again!

So right now, this is the state of our tv. Oh it is so embarrassing!

I'm watching Top Model....Don't all those electronics look great strewn across the floor. The tv is now on a very pretty bench/coffee table that does NOT work as a tv stand.

Just when I thought there was no hope along came the fabulous Brasilia!


My mom found a beautiful buffet and hutch piece from the Broyhill Brasilia Collection at Salvation Army.  It was $59. Amazing. And even more amazing is that similar Brasilia pieces sell for $1500...not that I can part with it. The Brasilia Collection was produced by Broyhill in the 1960s and was inspired by the then newly developed capital city of Brazil....Brasilia! Here are some cool pics of Brasilia. You can see where the designers found their inspiration.


look familiar?


Pretty cool right? I'm setting up the tv now....pictures to come tomorrow :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment