Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wedding Hats

Well, not hats as much as fun feathered toppers.  Drew and I are going to a friend's wedding tomorrow and, inspired by all those Royal Wedding hats, I decided I needed to up the ante on my outfit and wear something ridiculous on my head. I was going to buy one, but I thought it might be a fun diy project.  So, I picked up a bunch of supplies and got started.

(Yes...by the time this was over our living room was covered in feathers and glue.)

First I made one with a yellow feather base and peacock feathers:

Then I made a yellow feather covered headband to which I attached a rosette of yellow, brown, and curled peacock feathers:



The last one is navy blue with some ribbon and Philip Treacy-esque feathers:
Now I just have to decide....which one to wear?  Hmmm...

(Yes I'm taking pictures of myself in the bathroom...in my nightgown.)

No comments:

Post a Comment