Friday, May 6, 2011

British Invasion

The royal wedding has me loving all things British!

This may be odd, but for many years now I've really wanted to buy an old Land Rover (Defender, but Discovery would also do) and fix it up girl-style. So this is what I'm thinking...



I have to admit, I'm obsessed with this car.  I even like the color. Unfortunately, even though it is 14 years old it is still out of my price range. A girl can dream...

So now that we "have" the car, it needs to get jazzed up.  First thing would be to convert the old diesel engine to run on bio-fuel.  I like how Prince Charles converted a few of his cars to run on ethanol made from surplus wine.  How fancy!  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1030611/Prince-Charles-converts-beloved-Aston-Martin-green-machine--run-English-wine.html

Next it gets a nice coat of warm white paint. I like the contrast of a boxy, utilitarian car painted a girly color.  Now for the fun part.  I would have the seats reupholstered in a zany floral like these from Designers Guild:





Yes it is a little unconventional but how much fun would it be to get in this car everyday!  
I wouldn't mind pulling up to this either...

 Can't you just hear the crunch of gravel under the tires?  Brilliant!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment