Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I wish I had an entryway...

Our apartment doesn't have a great entrance. The front hallway, which we never use, has some pretty *interesting* wallpaper, and the back stair takes you on a scenic trip past the laundry and dumps you unceremoniously in the kitchen. There isn't much opportunity to create an inviting and functional area.

While coming up with ideas for my friend Heidi's place (here) I've found tons of inspiring spaces, so I figured I'd share a few!


Phoebe Howard via DecorPad
I love how simple and elegant this is.  A perfect place to perch and put your shoes on.


I'd kill for a big entry space with a beautiful table. Although let's be honest, if it was in our house it would be covered in unopened mail!

Thornton Designs via DecorPad

Ken Gemes Interiors via DecorPad


Let's add some graphic pop to the mix!

Kelly Wearstler via Lonny
Love the floor...


Blount Design via DecorPad
Now that is some punch!  I love the bold horizontal stripes.

Lizzie Bailey via Lonny

Erinn Valenich via DecorPad
The mix of patterns and colors is great. And that red rococo mirror reminds me of a frame I picked up from Ikea a while back.  
Maybe some red is in this frame's future...

 
Tobi Fairley via DecorPad 
Love that sunburst mirror peeking out from beyond.


 
Laurann Claridge via Lonny



 
Karris Dale Design via DecorPad

No comments:

Post a Comment