Thursday, March 10, 2011

Anthropologie-Inspired Chandelier

Since we live in a rental, I am very selective about where I invest time and money on updates.  Painting was a must and the decorations can come with us when we move.  However, I draw the line at any project that requires an electrician. 

This was a problem since our dining room had one of the most uninspired chandeliers I have ever seen.  In preparation for hosting our first Thanksgiving as a married couple (yes, this post is a little late...), I decided to dress up the existing fixture.  My mom had seen an amazing decoration at Anthropologie (sorry I don't have the original pic, but you might remember it) and we decided to adapt the design for this purpose.  Using strips of ivory fabrics and some hula hoops we rigged up something special.  Take a look!

Before (blah!)

One tier done...

Here you can see the hula hoops. 
We just hot glued the fabric strips directly onto them. 
Then I covered up the parts you see with some additional fabric.

And here is the final look!


I like how you can still see the bottom of the chandelier.

Time to celebrate after a job well done!



No comments:

Post a Comment